Last Updated on
One of the more trusted brands when it comes to spotting scopes and high quality, long-range optics, the Celestron brand is responsible for producing the kinds of quality optics and spotting scopes you know you can depend on in a wide variety of situations – and the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope is a perfect representation of everything that this brand stands for.
Regardless of whether or not you are looking for a spotting scope to help you with your birdwatching, competitive target shooting, hunting, or just glassing objects longer distances, the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope is going to suit your needs right down to the ground.
- ED Objective Lens: Minimizes chromatic aberration, accurate color reproduction, increased resolution and contrast
- XLT Coatings (Fully Multi-Coated Optics)
This particular unit takes full advantage of only the most advanced construction materials available, some pretty innovative new engineering and design approaches, and a simplified focus and magnification scheme that is sure to become industry-standard rather quickly.
This is a game-changing piece of technology for sure, and the kind of spotting scope that you aren’t going to want to miss out on – especially at this price point!
• The Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope is an angled spotting scope, especially useful when you are going to be spotting targets at different elevations and altitudes. The angle also improves eye relief dramatically so that you can peer through the scope for longer blocks of time without becoming fatigued.
• The magnification on this spotting scope is set between 16 and 48X, offering fantastic magnification capabilities with improved fields of view as well. You’ll be able to enjoy 68 feet of FOV at 1000 yards with this spotting scope, for example!
• The objective diameter of the aperture of these optics comes in that 65 mm, which isn’t the largest aperture on the market today but isn’t the smallest, either. The Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope is going to allow in plenty of light for razor-sharp images and crystal-clear focus – even at the stronger magnification levels – and it’s also going to work wonders for you even in low light situations.
• The crystal lenses are fully multi-coated for protection and antiglare. These are the kinds of crystal lenses that should be able to withstand all kinds of daily wear and tear without scratching or fogging, a huge advantage for those that are going to be taking their new Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope out in less than ideal conditions.
• The Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope is also 100% waterproof and fog proof as well, giving you the kind of peace of mind you need to utilize this out in the field even when Mother Nature is roaring.
Highlighting the standout features of the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope
The construction materials used throughout this particular spotting scope nothing short of exceptional.
The unit takes full advantage of ED glass technology, XLT coating materials, and a dual focus system that amounted to a 100% magnesium alloy body with a rotating aluminum/brass alloy tripod mount system.
These high-end materials guarantee a quality fit and finish across the board, but it also guarantees that you are going to be able to depend upon this new spotting scope for years and years to come without any obvious signs of wear and tear, damage or destruction.
It shouldn’t be unreasonable at all to have people question you about your “brand-new” spotting scope a decade or more into the future, even after your Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope has seen plenty of time in action and a lot of time out in the field!
The rotating tripod mount system is one of the most ingenious on the market right now, and certainly something that most anticipate will become industry-standard in the future. Utilizing as few moving parts as possible, and only the highest quality construction materials, this system guarantees a quick latch capability to most every third-party tripod out there with a rock solid and ironclad grip that will never compromise the quality of the results you get when you peer through this spotting scope.
The interchangeable eyepiece configuration is a big benefit for those that just aren’t finding the “stock” option to be all that comfortable. You’ll be able to hot-swap different eyepiece configuration without any real difficulty whatsoever, jumping from one eyepiece to another until you find something that really makes sense for you – and then you can dial things in.
The dual focus system and the sighting tube are other major advantages that helped to separate the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope from the rest of the pack.
The dual focus system allows you to “quick focus” on an object in the distance and then fine-tune that focus with a separate, speeding things up dramatically while remaining completely intuitive to utilize. The separate sighting tube also makes acquiring targets downrange a lot faster and a lot easier, and it becomes second nature to jump from the spotting scope eyepiece to this accessory and then back again after just a little bit of time using the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope.
Drawbacks of the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope
There really aren’t very many negative reviews regarding this particular system and spotting scope on the internet today, which stands to act as a testament to the quality and caliber of the platform itself.
There have, however, been some questions about quality control from one spotting scope to another, though all reports out of the Celestron manufacturing department suggest that these quality control issues have been rained and significantly and things should be a lot more consistent across the board.
With such a stellar warranty and return policy in place, even if you are one of the unlucky few to be saddled with a Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope that isn’t picture-perfect you’ll have the opportunity to swap it out – with no questions asked and with no headache or hassle – for a brand-new one that’s likely to be exactly what you were expecting and anticipating right out of the gate.
At the end of the day, there’s really no reason whatsoever to overlook everything that the Celestron 52304 Regal M2 65ED Spotting Scope has to offer.
Certainly, one of the better made and better-engineered spotting scope options money can buy right now, as well as one of the more affordable options you’ll find on the market today, there’s a lot to fall in love with when it comes to this angled system.
Check it out for yourself – the odds are good you won’t be disappointed!